History of SCS

The Singapore Cardiac Society was started in 1958 by a group of specialists with special interest in Cardiology working at Outram Road General Hospital. Pioneering physicians like Professors Dhanaraj, E.S. Monterio, Ernest Steven, Sir Gordon Arthur Ransome, Wong Hee Ong, Yong Nen Kiong and Dr. Charles Toh started regular clinical sessions to mange patients with cardiac diseases. The membership subsequently expanded rapidly with the addition of Drs MB Ghosh, Loh Tee Fun; and Teo Hoon Chow who had interest in the field of Paediatric Cardiology. Drs Yong Nen Kiong and Tan Ngoh Chuan joined the group in 1960 and added Cardiothoracic surgery to the group.


 
  Terms of Use | Privacy Statement Copyright © 2010 Singapore Cardiac Society. All rights reserved